Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Price of Bathrooms

The duplex where we now live has 3, yes 3 bathrooms!! (This is Lubbock, TX - the home of Texas Tech, so the large population of college students here dictates how housing is built.)

It is a pretty cool feature and was very appealing when we first moved in. The kids were very excited about having their own bathrooms attached to their bedrooms. Wow, at a time when we are financially struggling....God still provided for us in the form of THREE bathrooms!

OK, here's the reality: they all have to be cleaned! YUCK! I am not a bad housekeeper, but really, who enjoys cleaning the bathroom? The kids are good to help keep their bathrooms clean, but I still have to make sure they do it (do "inspection") and usually have to do some of the nitty-gritty myself (that they don't see or think about). So, there is a price to pay for the "luxury" of extra bathrooms. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying.....everything has a price.

As you can see, I'm now blogging in order to put off the inevitable....the bathrooms must get a good thorough cleaning today. Alright, already. I can't think of any more complaining to do so I'll go get those blessings scrubbed up spic -n- span.

1 Comments:

At June 19, 2006 2:17 PM, Blogger 5 Johnson Kids said...

Oh that's funny! We, too, loved our 3 bathrooms at first. Now, everyone fights over MY bathroom, which has somehow become a priviledge to use.

Supposedly, Sasha and Lily clean the "kids" bathroom, Mike cleans "his" bathroom and I clean the entire rest of the house. Sounds fair, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home