Thursday, July 27, 2006

Life without kids

I guess my life hasn't been too interesting with my kids away at camp. We've enjoyed the peace and quiet, but it's time for those kids to come home. They haven't even called me :)......They haven't even called me :-0.....They haven't even called me :(.

Hubby & I have had a nice time, but we miss them. We have been reading a Thr3e by Ted Dekker and enjoying that. Yes, we read books "together" when we get the opportunity. We really enjoy doing that - we trade off each chapter reading aloud. We've been doing this for almost 15 years now and it is something we savor doing together. It's much better than TV.

We got the opportunity to see Lady in the Water too. I know the critics don't like it (the movie doesn't like critics either!) but we really enjoyed it. I like M. Night's movies....they make you think and are definitely about faith. I appreciate a movie that makes you think and put things together and figure out what the story is trying to say. (Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I've been watching kid movies for the past 11 years or so!)

Yesterday I got to spend most of the day "creating" (scrapbooking, etc.) with friends. It was a totally fun day and I actually accomplished something amidst the laughter.

It is time to go pick up the kids so I will continue my blog later.

4 Comments:

At July 28, 2006 1:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

*Groans* Is there a "husband camp"?

 
At July 28, 2006 5:24 AM, Blogger Mindy said...

glad that is sounds like they had a great time at camp!! Hope you enjoyed your alone time!! :)

 
At July 28, 2006 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

movie critics never like anything. it's nice to have the house kidless every once in a while, isn't it? have a great weekend.

 
At August 12, 2006 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home