Thursday, July 13, 2006

Thursday's Thirteen

This seemed like a cool thing to do, so I'm gonna try it!

Thursday's Thirteen things I've enjoyed this week:

1. Going to see Pirates of the Caribbean with friends....who can resist Jack Sparrow? (I know he's a pirate and all, but...)
2. Watching my kids playing with their friends. (Their giggles make my heart smile.)
3. Spontaneity with friends...staying up playing games & talking & laughing til 2 a.m.
4. Helping my mom move furniture and get her new computer set up.
5. Great Bible Study, cookout & game night on Sunday night.
6. My son's twelfth birthday! Wow! (see blog on July 11) My son, in general!
7. First fresh corn on the cob of the season.....(I'm thankful we live in an area where people like to share. :)
8. Making a meal for a friend who had surgery. It's a blessing to be on the receiving end of this kind of thing, but it is a uber-blessing to be able to bless someone else!
9. Watching my kids learn how to skate with their roller-blades. My kids, in general!
10. Finding out college age people still think we are cool and worthy of hangin out with!
11. Learning how to put links on my blog site. Whada ya know...an old dog CAN learn new tricks!
12. My daughter sleeping well the last few nights after several nights of insomnia and tears. And the NAP she took one day (she hasn't taken a nap in 5 years!).
13. Pop up thunderstorms the last few evenings (after HOT days)....lots of lightening. I love to watch and smell, and feel the awesomeness of the All-Powerful God showing off His stuff!

11 Comments:

At July 13, 2006 4:13 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Cannot wait to see Pirates!
And... I also cannot wait to rollerblade with my kids!

Welcome to the Thursday 13!

 
At July 13, 2006 4:25 PM, Blogger Nature Girl said...

I'm dying to see Pirates....I haven't seen it yet. Great TT...I played too. Stacie

 
At July 13, 2006 5:16 PM, Blogger sobeit said...

I love fresh corn on the cob! It's the best! I want to see the movie, but don't know if I will have time...love Johnny Depp! Wish we could have a little rain. It is SO hot and dry! Great list!

:)Kelli
http://sobeit89.squarespace.com

 
At July 13, 2006 5:30 PM, Blogger Cindy Swanson said...

Hi Gina...excellent job on the Thursday Thirteen! I could relate to several of your thoughts. And amen on that corn on the cob thing! Hey, I love fiction too. Visit my blog when you get a moment...I blog about fiction a LOT.

And lucky you for living in Texas!

 
At July 13, 2006 7:32 PM, Blogger Maria said...

I haven't seen Pirates either and ....gasp.... really don't want to.....

but great list

 
At July 13, 2006 8:10 PM, Blogger Mama Duck said...

I want to see Pirates, alas, the little one would never stand for it. Ah well. Enjoy it for me!

 
At July 14, 2006 7:46 AM, Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Great TT! I will be seeing Pirates when it is out on DVD. I used to get fresh corn on the cob cooked at a stand on the side of the road by the farm. It was sooo yummy!

 
At July 14, 2006 9:47 AM, Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

I was really surprised how much I liked the first Pirates movie. Now I need to see the second one.

 
At July 14, 2006 3:18 PM, Blogger maybei said...

I want to go see Pirates this weekend too. Arrr, lol.

Thanks for stopping by, come again!

 
At August 12, 2006 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

 
At August 17, 2006 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home