Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Hourglass Figure

As those close to me know....it is not a cup of coffee that clears the cobwebs away from my bleary brain each morning...it is a good hot shower. If I don't get my shower it is not a pretty sight. I try to convince myself from time to time that I can just take one in the evening, or I'm just going to be painting or be outside sweating or whatever that day, so why bother now? It would save time and it makes "logical" sense. I'm like the person who is mentally ill (no comments here, please!) and thinks they can do without their meds. I seem to have amnesia on those days and forget that it is inevitable that without my shower I will be a grouchy, _itchy person and will usually have a headache that I imagine is much like a hangover headache (I haven't ever had one of those, but I've heard stories!). I turn into MonsterMom and feel powerless to change it. (A good shower would usually do the trick, even at that point, but I am usually too crazy to realize what the problem is.) My husband and kids know this about me. They encourage the morning shower! The earlier the better.....

Ok, so God has a really *cute* sense of humor! Our bathroom is arranged in such a way that when you step out of the shower to reach for the towel you can't miss the BIG mirror directly in front of you. Now that's an eye-opener! (Or maybe an eye-closer.) I try not to look for fear of ruining a perfectly good morning, but it's hard to miss. Fortunately the mirror usually starts fogging up pretty quickly after you step out. That, too, is God's provision! This morning the words "hourglass figure" ran through my mind(?) and I remembered that cute little figure I used to have. I didn't think it was cute at the time, but we girls are never satisfied with our bodies or our hair and we never realize how good we have it until it's gone!

I squinted my eyes really hard and realized that, hey, I think I can still make out an hourglass figure (just as the mirror fogged up). Yes, yes, it's still there. It's just that the "hour" would only last about 15 minutes!! Maybe that's why time flies by so much faster as you get older! ( ....like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives......)

Maybe I should use one of the other bathrooms to take my shower (see earlier blog about our "pricey" bathrooms). But that would just put me in more denial, wouldn't it?......is denial always such a bad thing?

3 Comments:

At July 13, 2006 5:18 AM, Blogger michele said...

I think denial is a good thing and I swear by it. I don't feel right until I have a shower but I need tea more than a shower to perk me up in the morning. I haven't had mine yet and I'm cranky.

 
At July 15, 2006 6:39 AM, Blogger Mindy said...

And, you let out the you also NEED your Diet Dr. Pepper....... oh yeah..

 
At July 15, 2006 8:34 AM, Blogger Gina said...

That's another blog entirely, girl!....and thanks for "outing" me! You are showing that you know me far too well ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home