Friday, June 16, 2006

Life Lessons from the Mavs

Last night was just sad....and wrong....and sad.

I don't know how, but somehow, after arriving in Miami, the Dallas Mavericks were abducted by some alien mother-ship and replaced by some team that has never played professional basketball. They may not have even seen a game before! It's the only explaination I can come up with. I have been watching the Mavs all year and have not seen a game and a half that have been so dismal, so it's very suspicious. Maybe they are being drugged...or they have amnesia...

Win or lose, I am still a fan. I am not one of those fans that goes whichever way the wind is blowing. (I would have given up many years ago!) That is why I am so sad for them. I somehow relate to their plight. I know that at this point in the season, it is largely a mental game. These Mavs need some Attitude Adjustment!! I know Avery is very capable of helping them with that, but it is still up to the individual players and the team as a whole to get themselves back in the right mind-set. They need to remember who they are and how they got to this place. They have all the talent they need to get right back in this series and win it all and I believe they can.

Hmmmmm.....sounds like life, doesn't it? No wonder I relate. God has given me the talents, the gifts, the provisions I need to live a victorious life. I have it all!! He's done it all already -- it's a mental thing (heart thing!). Jesus gives me all the encouragement I need. He has the game plan. But it is still my heart that has to be changed and given over completely to Him in every situation. Sometimes (especially when I have had a few set-backs) it's a struggle to stay with the "game plan" and I become overcome with self doubts and forget that I'm completely equipped to be victorious. I forget how I "got here." God is not a "fair-weather" god....he will stick with me through all the disappointments and setbacks and will continue to cheer me on and believe that I can do it!

Just as I usually get re-focused and am reminded of all the things I know are true about the situation, I believe the Mavs will do that as well (or the mother-ship will return the "real" Mavs!!!). I just hope it isn't too late for this year : )...

1 Comments:

At June 18, 2006 9:12 AM, Blogger Mindy said...

with ya on that one!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home